Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Original NINJA PT Shirt!!!!!



Going through some of my Ft. Ord mementos and came across this shirt I wore when I was with 3-17 Inf.

4 comments:

Donald Shook said...

Ed,

Awesome t-shirt! Thanks for sharing. Something about the old days when units sported their own PT garb .. I thought that it inspired a lot of esprit de corps. Now everyone looks the same, but where's the pride in unit?

If I get a chance, I'll put something together for the cafepress merchandise page with the 3-17 design.

Buffalo Out ...

Ed Geer said...

I agree, Unit PT uniforms did help build esprit de corps. However, IMO, I think it was the attitude, mentality, etc. from the CG down the Team Leaders. Last but not least is the COHORT system. I still believe that getting Green Troops straight out of AIT and untainted by other units.

Ed

Anonymous said...

I got a set of the originals when we were at "light Leaders coarse in Benning,and I still have them LOL

Alejos A Perez Jr said...

I still got my old shirt sitting in my closet. It brings back old memories of the good old days of being in Aco 3-17 from 1986 to 1993.