Monday, August 28, 2006

3rd Herd, Nasty Bravo 4-17: Panama Invasion

Front row, left to right: SGT Steve Foster, Jim Kusinski
Back row, left to right: CPL Ron Campbell, SGT Francisco Mercado, PFC John P. Velotta (He was next to Gibbs when he was killed - John was wounded by a tracer that stuck inside the top of his flak vest), SPC Steven Evers. The M16 with the helmet was for Gibbs. This picture was taken back on Fort Sherman after Just Cause was over and we were preparing to go home.



SFC Laporta at FT Ord MOUT site "Impossible City"



Scout Platoon: 1992. Shook's note: I recognize Matt Lissner far Right (Now LTC Lissner)



Nasty Bravo going through the locks .. Pre Invasion



CPl Ron Campbell, SGT Mercado, and SSG Holmes. They are standing inside the bay door of a garage we used as our platoon command post during the cleanup in Colon.




This was originally from Steve Evers: Center, William Delaney Gibbs .. Directly behind him, Steve Evers .. Rodney Sample foreground. Pre Invasion



3rd Platoon, B 4-17: Post Invasion 1990
Note: Sean Conley provided the edited image with the names



Pictures sent in from Jim Kusinski (B 4-17 and Scouts)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I recognize a few of those scouts. Ski, what was you're bud's/roomate's name? The tall guy from Long Island? I see Jason Sibley, Shawn Edwards, and Kerkes(?)

Although I wasn't in Bco, I recognize SFC Laporta, SGT Mercado and SSG Holmes very well. Didn't Laporta and Holmes both get WIA'd?

Unknown said...

Man, I feel silly. Ha.

If you've got a good, old pic of yourself, please post it. I'm certain I remember you, but not....not as certain.

Rowkowski & Camarrata(sp) were the two roomates, right?

BTW, aren't you a fellow Hoosier? I'm just up the road a bit in Bloomington.