Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mark Martin: HHC 4-17 1984 to 1987





First private assigned to the COHORT Cadre in 1984. Helped SSG Ledford, SFC Cleary, CPT Andriani and others prepare the bunks and walllockers down in the old wooden barracks for the arrival of the Buffalos from Benning. I was a PAC rat with SFC Ballew, SSG Rood, SSG Santana, SGT Tlumac, SGT McCain, PVT Vasquez, and CPT Peters. Roomate was SPC Tom Bellamy from HHC mail room. I can still here CSM Collins coming down the hall and yelling, "Dammit SGT Martin, come here and fix this EER." right after doing one of those infamous 25 mile road marches with that huge SFC (I can't remember his name). Remember LTC Norton's wheels off his Aston Martin in his office to be chromed. Went on to flight school and flew OH-58D Kiowa Warriors for 16 years in 82nd Abn, 25th ID, Korea and finally in 2005 in Iraq during OIF3. Retired April 2006. Trying to adjust to Civlian life after 22 years. What great memories of being young at Fort Ord!!!

SGT Mark Martin
HHC, 4-17th Inf 1984-1987
CW4 (retired)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Buffalo!