Came across some black and white negatives that I took when 7 Infantry Division Light's Infantry Battalions (less 3-17 Inf, still deployed in Panama) were presented with their CIBs. We (3-17 Inf) were presented ours around late April.

The below photo is of 3 Brigade's flag and commander.
5 comments:
don't remember this ceremony nor the giant-ass banner. it looks like it's on Lightfighter field. i got my CIB - and i think it was the whole battalion - in January in Panama... i remember we all wore the dress metal version on our BDU's - as pinned on my the BC - all the way home on AF planes (one stop in TX for AF chow - mmmmmmm good!)and after we marched down Infantry Hill to the BN AO and were greeted by cheering friends and family we still had them on...got a pic of me outside the AF chow hall with day-old facepaint, BDUs and softcap sporting my bling-bling...waiting for the bus to take us back to the flight line and last leg back to the planet Ord...
Note compliments of Johnny Brooks (4th BN Boss 89-91)
"Actually that was the Division Welcome Home ceremony held in late February. Believe each battalion had separate ceremonies for other awards. Our (4th Battalion) CIB/EIBs were awarded at Howard AFB in Panama by GEN Thurman before we got on the airplane."
I stand corrected. I honestly thought it was for awarding the CIB. But, after reading what randy and shook stated, I agree withthem.
I agree with Randy and remember it well. The walk down Infantry hill from the AHA was a great moment for us. We got off the busses and the Division band was there playing for all to hear. We marched from there to the BN AO with shiny new CIB's proudly pinned to our Buffalo chest.
Post a Comment